Kids eagerly wait for the summer vacations to arrive. This is the best time when children develop great bonding with parents. But it brings uneasy pressure for working parents. There are a lot of arrangements you need to do while the children celebrate their holidays.
You may think of taking the help of a childcare center. In England, you have less government-funded childcare centers and more private childcare during the summer holidays. These privately owned childcare services are too expensive for many working parents to afford. It can bring a lot of financial deficits for them.
LoanPig in Manchester, U.K., provides short term loans to such deserving parents during their financial crisis and emergencies. They have online loan facilities which are regulated and authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority of the U.K. You can avail benefit of repayment time of 3-12 months by LoanPig and their chain of UK’s reputed lenders. They act as a direct lender as well as a broker.
How can you reduce holiday expenses against childcare services as working parents?
In case both the parents are working, one of you can choose to stay back at home. You can help your child to enjoy the summer holiday with different activities at home.
Generally, parents having children under 16 can get flexible working hours facilities during summer vacations. You may also request your boss to work from home facilities for your children’s summer holidays. This way you can avoid the need for expensive childcare.
While you are at home, you can also make sure that you make only essential and conscious everyday expenses for children’s holiday treat.
Here are a few essential ways to save on unnecessary huge expenses during school holidays:
- Avoid spending everyday – You can note down some of the weekdays as “No Spend Days” to guide yourself to keep a check. You must avoid buying unnecessary items that are already available at home.
- Avoid going outside regularly – You can keep your children engaged with activities at home.
- Buy fewer eatables – It is healthy to avoid regular consumption of soft drinks and snacks. You can learn some online recipes for children’s favorite’s snacks and dishes.
- Use free and discounted coupons – You can research online for some of the amusement parks and galleries which have discounted prices and combo rates for a large family.
- Travel less by hired carriers – It is safe and secure to hire private transport during the night. But when you go out with your children during the daytime, it is best to use discounted family travelcards of the National Rail. They also provide huge discounts for minors.
What are the activities to engage your children at home?
Your children may not like going out always during hot summer days. But at the same time, they may feel extremely boring at home. You can engage them through different productive and creative activities to make them happy and feel entertained.
Here are a few activities:
- Engage them through indoor games like snake and ladder, tic-tac-toe, dot & boxes, hide & seek, and puzzles.
- Involve them in your activities like cooking, gardening, and cleaning.
- Teach them to play some musical instruments.
- Ask them to do sketching and painting.
- Engage them to study their books and help them to cover some chapters before school reopens.